WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for UNICEF in Bangui, Bangui, Central African Republic 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, Care.
The Chief Child Survival and Development is responsible for managing and supervising all stages of child survival and development programmes/projects (e.g. gender, maternal, neonatal, child survival, nutrition, HIV/AIDS, and emergency preparedness and response) within the country programme, from strategic planning and formulation to delivery of results. S/he leads and manages the child survival and development team including establishing plans of action to achieve concrete and sustainable results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), as well as UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework, and does so in consultation with the Regional Health, Immunization, Nutrition Advisers.
[information about the country/specific programme]
How can you make a difference?
- Managerial leadership;
- Programme development and planning;
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results;
- Advisory services and technical support;
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building;
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of  eight of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in both English and French is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
The UNICEF Competencies Required For This Post Are
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (III)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (II)
- Works Collaboratively with others (II)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (III)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (III)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (III)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (III)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (III)
To view our competency framework, please visit here. Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable [‘females candidates and candidates from industrialized countries’] are encouraged to apply.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
“The VA is open to all (internal and external candidates)”. Priority will be given to all the eligible candidates participating in 2022 Mobility Exercise and Staff on Abolished post.
“This is a re-advertisement in order to expand the candidate pool. Previous applicants need not reapply as their original application will be duly considered.”
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangui, Bangui, Central African Republic
Application Deadline: N/A