Website United Airlines
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for United Airlines in Gurgaon,Haryana,India 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world – come find yours.
Customer Strategy & Innovation
One of United’s newest departments, Customer Strategy & Innovation, handles premium services, ground experience, program management, customer analytics and insights, customer service innovation, and more.
Job Overview And Responsibilities
Extract data and use statistical modeling and data analysis to drive incremental value. You will focus on leveraging existing technology capability to drive revenue growth in current year. You will also be supporting the team’s strategic goals of defining the technology and data infrastructure roadmap to enhance performance of existing products and/or create new revenue streams, in partnership with the internal stakeholders. You will be collaborating with a number of internal and external teams to accomplish these goals.
It is essential that you are quantitatively orientated, results focused and of a “test-and-learn” mindset. Airline experience is not required for this position. People with retail experience and mentality will be successful in this role. This role requires business intuition and a working knowledge of analytical tools.
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Develop and validate evaluation metrics and models to analyze business performance and areas of opportunity
- Act independently to identify opportunities for improved analysis or improved efficiency through better use of statistical tools
- Identify practical approach to test and learn key hypotheses to extend analytic insight
- Leverage new data and/or experimental results to extend analytical frameworks/algorithms
- Design experiments and analyze results to determine effectiveness of programs, policies and strategies
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, help business owners make faster, smarter decisions
- Lead team members in improving communication and presentation skills
- Socialize key initiatives with stakeholders
- Create and deliver presentations that convey a concise story line to the audience
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field required
- Demonstrated experience in empirical research and for answering hard questions with data required
- Experience in data mining and experimental design and analysis required
- Demonstrated experience in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns and relationships required
- Must have a proven, strong background in statistical concepts and working knowledge of statistical software (i.e. SAS, STATA, R etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis and algorithms in a clear, precise and actionable manner required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Experience using database querying tools and ability to write complex queries using Teradata SQL and/or Microsoft TSQL required
- Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting Services required
- Ability to learn new technologies required
- About 4-6 weeks of travel to US in a year required
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics, Operations Research preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gurgaon,Haryana,India
Application Deadline: N/A