WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Unitrans in Alberton,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
Closing Date 2022/10/08
Reference Number UNI220928-4
Job Title Fleet Controller
Business Unit / Division Chemicals
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location – Town / City Tulisa Park/Alberton
Location – Province Gauteng
Location – Country South Africa
Job Advert Summary
An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre Fleet Controller to handle administrative tasks, supervising and controlling driver activities. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for further information.
- Matric or Equivalent Qualification
- Qualification in Logistics is advantageous
- Must have previous experience in a similar environmentole
- 2 -3 Years Tanker experience – must have experience with Food Grade Tankers, Cross Border Tankers and Black Products (Heavy Furnace Oil)
- Sound knowledge of fleet routing, administration, product line and container types
- Geographical knowledge – National and Cross-Border (Critical experience on all SADC countries)
- Must be computer literate
- Prepared to work shifts
- Reliable and assertive
- Pro-active and ability to take initiative.
- To ensure the most cost effective and efficient allocation, scheduling and routing of vehicles according to client service requirements.
- To maintain consistent and regular contact with drivers throughout the shift and to proactively monitor loading and off-loading and notify client accordingly.
- Ensure the administrative operating details are accurate and timeous with particular reference to PODs and other driver documents
- Optimize the utilization rate of the fleet and organize client deliveries. o Reduce transportation costs. o Improve the use of the fleet. o Improve client services.
- Plan, monitor and communicate trips in compliance with company and customer policies and procedures.
- Ensure drivers and trucks are available and are compliant (Driver raining and vehicle maintenance)
- Coordinate and communicate with the drivers and loading area.
- Process transportation incidents (incidents, client complaints, loss of products, etc.).
- Take part in OBC monitoring.
Duties & Responsibilities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alberton,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A