WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for UNOPS in Lake Mary, FL 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Manager, the Lead Construction Management Engineer will provide technical services in all infrastructure activities
To access the full list of roles and responsibilities, please download the terms of references attached to the announcement.
- Technical Support
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of infrastructure activities
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with monitoring, control and assessment of designs produced by consultants
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with the elaboration of the bidding documents for the construction of the works
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with the evaluations of the offers for the construction of the works
- Liaise with the Procurement Officer to schedule and coordinate all the necessary activities related to the bidding process and offer evaluations
- General Construction
- Provide technical assistant to the Senior Project Manager to monitor UNOPS implementation plan including quality, Health, Safety, Social and Environment
- Supervise contractors to manage plan and coordinate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly activities including monitoring site safety and construction
- Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Understand the scope of work and specification of each contractor
- Support the Senior Project Manager in the implementation of quality plans for the project to ensure specified quality of work is achieved
- Administer the contracts and supervise project activities to ensure work complies with design and specifications
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of progress and conditions on site
- Prepare and submit to the Senior Project Manager reports of contractor activities, quality control issues, resourcing and scheduling issues, and any other pertinent information as required
- Knowledge Sharing
- Participate in project evaluation process, highlighting challenges associated with the project and feedback into a continuous improvement cycle
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to national &/ or contractor personnel including advice on good construction practices, environmental management practices and appropriate health and safety
- A Master’s degree preferable in civil engineering, construction management, project management, or related field
- A Bachelor’s degree preferable in civil engineering, construction management, or related field in combination with relevant years of experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Project management certification (e.g. PRINCE2, PMI) would be an asset
- Work Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience (or more based on academic merits) in construction management or engineering of complex infrastructure projects is required.
- Experience with infrastructure design and project management is required.
- Experience with infrastructure bidding processes is required.
- Experience with prison projects is an asset.
- Experience in developing countries or post-conflict environments is an asset.
- Experience in small island developing states (SIDS) is an asset.
- Experience working with UNOPS in infrastructure projects is an asset.
- Knowledge of FIDIC contracts is an asset.
- Autocad or other technical proficiency is an asset.
- Fluency in writing, reading, and speaking standard English is required.
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
- Fluency in Dutch / Papiamento is an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lake Mary, FL
Application Deadline: N/A