WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for UNOPS in Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Summary Of Key Functions
- Support the Management of UNOPS administrative functions, premises, facilities and inventory
- Oversee transport management supporting the Admin Assistant
- Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ensures management of UNOPS administrative functions, premises, facilities and inventory, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Overall management of office premises; follow-up to ensure that the office is adequately stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment is working and properly maintained;
- Scheduling and monitoring of maintenance, repairs, washing, landscaping, paint work of the office premises and environment;
- Monitoring and ensuring the timeliness and quality of administrative tasks (e.g. cleaning, management of the canteen services) on a daily basis;
- Create and maintain effective internal controls for equipment inventory;
- Manage the organization’s office space allocation and storage space;
- Working with the Finance and management team to set budgets, ensure to monitor spending and other expenses to adhere to set limits and avoid overspends;
- Collecting, organizing and storing administrative related information both in soft and hard copy filing systems;
- Oversee special office activities and tracking progress towards UNOPS SSOC goals;
- Oversee the generator maintenance;
- Collaborate with PSOs for project based support services required to deliver project needs;
- Lead on HSSE reporting and compliance of the Juba office.
- Ensures proper transport management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Manage, audit and review compliance systems in the transport management to ensure that they are effective;
- Review any shortcomings such as prohibitions and/or tests;
- Keep up to date on relevant changes in standards and legislation;
- Ensure that drivers hold the appropriate entitlement for the vehicle they are driving;
- Ensure drivers comply with the drivers’ hours and working time rules;
- Ensure that drivers are properly trained and competent to operate all relevant vehicles and equipment;
- Ensure that a proper system of vehicle maintenance is in place and carried out and that all vehicles are kept in a roadworthy condition;
- Management of office vehicles and transportation service to ensure punctual transportation service is provided to the staff, UNOPS visitors and high officials on mission;
- Ensure that all required records are made properly and kept for the required period;
- Ensure that all drivers maintain and understand a good driver’s maintenance system.
- Ensures effective office management and supervision of the administrative team, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring and analysis of administrative services and recommendations for changes in policies, systems and procedures to ensure services are aligned with changing business needs and objectives
- Ensuring UNOPS administrative resources are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequate and functioning;
- Assessment of expenditure in administration (office premises, assets, tc.) for previous years; estimate of new requirements and preparation of budget plans for designated areas of work;
- Collaboration in the administration of common premises to ensure efficiency, cost- effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services;
- Preparation and monitoring of the team work-plans. Supervision and guidance to the staff in the administrative team, including the drivers’ team, handyman and Administrative Assistants, for satisfactory performance and client-oriented services.
- Supervision of the cleaning and maintenance team to ensure effective and efficient services be provided;
- Efficient and effective cooperation among different sub-teams in terms of achieving results;
- Drafting of correspondence and internal procedural directives relating to administrative matters;
- Administrative support and services provided to SSOC key events (e.g. conferences, VIP visits, UN Day, etc.) on a timely and quality basis;
- Planning, scheduling and promoting office events including meetings and conferences;
- Ensure appropriate hosting and reception of SSOC guests;
- Ensure that conference and meeting rooms are always ready for meetings;
- Act as liaison with various vendors providing maintenance and other occupancy services;
- Provide and oversee centralized administrative operations procedures of services for the agency;
- Ensure proper Asset Management including asset verification, Assets disposal and depreciation.
- Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for administrative-related topics;
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to administrative area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in administration.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the South Sudan Operations Centre in administration management.
A first-level university degree in Business or Public Administration, or related fields.
A Masters degree in Business or Public Administration, or related fields is an asset.
2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in administrative management is required.
Ability to manage premises and record management[;
Skills in Vehicles/Fleet Management;
Ability to coordination activities with the other departments and external clients is essential.
Fluency in written and oral English and the language of the duty station required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
Application Deadline: N/A