Website Wellcome Trust
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Wellcome Trust in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
About the job
About Wellcome Trust:
Wellcome is a global charitable foundation. We improve health for everyone by funding science, leading policy and advocacy campaigns, and building partnerships.
We plan to spend £16bn over the next ten years, funding new discoveries in life, health and wellbeing, and taking on three global health challenges: mental health, infectious disease and climate.
Wellcome Trust, in conjunction with Diversifying Group are seeking applicants for two new and critical roles for Policy leads.
About the role:
This is a senior role that will assist in defining Wellcome’s ambitious strategy and rigorous programmes of work to meet and achieve their influence goals across mental health, infectious disease, climate, and health furthermore discovery research.
As the Policy Lead, you will manage, lead, and motivate policy professionals to deliver these programmes, overseeing the quality of work and developing and supporting the performance of individual team members to build on their potential. You will work with the Heads of Policy to identify resource needs for these programmes, including budget and staffing.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation that is visionary and actively contributing to creating a better world.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience and knowledge in:
- Delivering high-quality policy and advocacy projects, including analysis and products
- Leading and managing projects, including delivering through others
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing – identifying and building trust with priority stakeholders, internally and externally
- Well-developed presentation skills – including the ability to deliver presentations to large and/ or senior-level audiences
- Strategic planning and prioritisation skills – identifying the work and tools required to deliver objectives
- People management and team building – ability to develop and motivate people to deliver objectives
- Working autonomously but with a strong collaborative and team ethic
How to apply
Your statement should be up to 2 pages long (no more than 900 words), answering the following questions:
- What is your motivation to work for Wellcome Trust and what attracts you to this role specifically?
- From what you know about the opportunity, what skills and experience would you bring that will enable you to be successful in this role?
- Using short summaries please provide specific details of up to two different initiatives or projects you have been directly involved in that are relevant to this role. For each initiative or project please describe your role (e.g. team leader, team members), the purpose of the activity (i.e. its aims), and the major contributions you personally made?
Closing Date for applications: 19th September 2022 at 23:59 pm
Accessibility and Adjustments
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process and we will always endeavour to be as accommodating as possible. If you would like to discuss any specific requirements, please contact [email protected]
Company: Wellcome Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A