WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Wood in Papua New Guinea 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Rigger, who can also operate Telehandler and IT Loader to join our team for Moro Project in Papua New Guinea on a rotational schedule. I n addition, it would be desirable to have demonstrated experience in scaffolding as well as operating Skid steer Loaders and Hiab Cranes. Reporting to the Crane and Rigging Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible to perform rigging duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements, and ensure good housekeeping habits at all times to maintain a safe worksite for everyone.
- Understand & adhere to Step back 5X5 principles in the performance of all duties
- Understand & work to Permit System
- Assist tradesperson in their work if / when required
- Prepare safety nets & static lines
- Attach lifting devices to hoisting equipment & items to be moved, using clamps, hooks, bolts & knots
- Selecting slings and other grappling devices, covering sharp corners with padding to prevent damage to slings
- Working closely with the Crane Operator to check loads to be moved by estimating size, shape, weight and centre of gravity. Ensures that loads do not exceed lifting capacity of cranes
- Guiding the Crane Operator by using hang signals or two-way radio when the load is not visible to the Crane Operator
- Alerting people or objects which may come into the path of the moving load
- Guiding the load into place as they are lowered into position
- Inspecting chains, slings, ropes, cables, hooks & lifting gear for flaws & damage such as cracks, wear, mildew & corrosion & reporting these defects
- Experienced Telehandler Operator with knowledge and skills to operate Telehandlers, IT Loader, Skidsteer loader and hiab cranes to perform required tasks
- Move, loads and unload materials
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum requirements Basic Rigger
- 5 years minimum experience as a rigger in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Certified in the rigger skill as required by PNG regulations, Documentation of certification must be on file at the Company Work Site for review by Company
- Familiar & adapt at erection and disassembly of Scaffolding Structures required to facilitate maintenance and modification activities
- Qualified in correct rigging necessary for the erection of structural steel, prefabricated piping spools, temporary facilities, scaffolding, pipe fittings & valves
- Demonstrated experience in operating Telehandler and IT Loader
- Certified to PNG/ Australian standards for required equipment operation
- Heavy Vehicle Certification accreditation
- Minimum of 5-year experience operating heavy machines – Telehandler / IT Loader.
This role is open to PNG Nationals only.
If you’re an experienced Rigger ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Papua New Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A