Website World Vision
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for World Vision in Bulawayo, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Job Title: Commodities Officer
Location: Nkayi x1
The Commodities Officer is responsible for co-ordinating all programs in the district and ensure compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines. The incumbent has the mandate to coordinate all relevant stakeholders and establish relations with key institutions, partners and structures at district level to ensure a coherent strategy for program implementation. He coordinates district staff and make sure that WVZ assets are being used properly according to the guiding policies. The CO is also responsible for linking food assistance programmes to other WVZ programmes being implemented by APs or other grants for the reasons of maximizing impact and greater reach. He/she shares consolidated reports with WFP, WVZ management and key stakeholders for decision making and coordination.
- Co-ordinate with other Relief and Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholders in the District in ensuring that food security and development intervention strategies are targeted to the appropriate target population.
- To co-ordinate and foster relations with other World Vision Zimbabwe Programs in the district as to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources
- Assist Program Managers, Coordinators and district teams to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per programs design.
- Developed partnerships with other Relief and Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder in the District to ensure that food security and other development intervention strategies are targeted to the appropriate target population.
Budget Management and Reporting
- Prepare district budgets, expenditure analysis resources (financial and material) and staff management produce regular and timely progress reports regarding all food assistance Programs
- Managing district program budgets and ensuring that district operations adhere to budgetary limits whilst the programme meets the scope, quality and timeframe of implementation.
- Making sure proper tracking of the budget has been done to enable a health utilization of the budget without overspending or underspending on budget items.
- Lead and ensure that timely preparation and submission of the weekly/monthly to the donor and WVZ management.
- Ensure all relevant documentation of key documents, reports, statistics, key events and situations for future reference.
Community Liaison, Collaboration And Relations
- Visit target communities on regular basis to get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in planning and development relevant community-oriented and sustainable programs
- Facilitate the identification designing and implementing of appropriate training needs for district staff and local communities.
- Participate in any other job-related activities assigned by superiors.
- Participating in the district Food Security & Vulnerability Assessment surveys & report writing.
- Monitoring and evaluation all activities to ensure community and stakeholder participation.
- A Degree in Social Sciences/Agriculture /Developmental Studies or any related field
- At least 3years experience in community development, preferably in an NGO environment
- Proven organizational planning and managerial skills. The ability to lead and manage teams in potentially risky circumstances.
- Experience in food assistance programs an advantage, with a range of assistance modalities including but not limited to In-kind, cash transfer, E-Voucher, Remittance-based transfers and others.
- Demonstrate ability in the design and effective use of training materials
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Conversant in English.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with an attention to details.
- Requires the ability to effectively present concepts to lay users in various settings and by various means (verbal and written).
- Computer literate
- Ability to drive a must, with a clean class 4 Driver’s License
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Company: World Vision
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bulawayo, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Application Deadline: N/A