Website Wyndham Hotels Resorts
WoJobz Provides best career solutions and following listing is to apply for Wyndham Hotels Resorts in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman 2022 exclusively on wojobz.com
Wyndham Garden Muscat is now seeking a Financial Controller to join our team in Oman.
The Financial Controller, under the business supervision of the General Manager and the functional guidance of the Regional Director of Finance, and within the limits Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Policy & Procedure and local requirements, is responsible for the supervision of all members of the Accounting and Purchasing Department; Enforcing financial and internal controls; Providing functional guidance and operational support to the Executive Committee and the Department Heads; Interacting with hotel’s legal counsel, insurance companies, tax consultants, auditors, commercial and government banks to effectively control the assets of the business and to provide business support.
- Assists and provides financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of Strategic Plan, Budget, Forecast, Cash Flow and KPO’s (Goals Program)
- Ensures an up to date cash flow projection is maintained and maximises cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
- Prepares monthly position of actual results against budget, analyses results and recommends to Executive Committee measures required to meet budget.
- Manages the preparation of accurate outlooks for forthcoming months and forecasts for the remainder of the year in collaboration with the Executive Committee
- Prepares consolidated monthly position assessments for the General Manager
- Implements and reviews financial controls and policies
- Assists with the communication with Owners
- Analyses financial and management reports
- Evaluates existing internal control measures that apply to accounting procedures as per WH&R Policies & Procedures
- Employs adequate internal control procedures to ensure correct authorization for payment procedures
- Manages internal and external audits when they occur
- Provides administrative support to Management with reference to policy enforcement, business advice and operational assistance
- Obtains appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel and maintains an awareness of local laws, rules and regulations.
- Provides safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records
- Follows-up on all capital expenditures to ensure compliance with original justification and approval
- Recommends and maintains appropriate list of delegation of authority for Hotel Management
- Conducts monthly inspections and tests to ensure all departments are complying with required procedures
- Performs those duties required by the controls checklist issued by Regional Financial Controller
- Controls and monitors the Local Banking arrangements made for the operation of the Hotel in conjunction with the Hotel Owners (Managed Hotels)
- Reviews operating equipment stores to avoid unnecessary/excessive purchases and to eliminate (or at least be aware of) obsolete slow moving items
- Ensures all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled on monthly basis, reviews and approves those reconciliations.
Skills & Competencies
- Budgeting, Forecasting
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Controls
- Team Development
- Attention to details
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s WeCom! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
Experience, Certification & Education
- 5 years as Hotel Financial Controller
- 2 years in Accounting Firm preferred
- University, Bachelor in Economics, accounting or other commerce preferred
- ACCA qualification desirable
- Experience of managing a team
- Strong Knowledge of Hotel systems
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Wyndham Garden Muscat, Plot 41, Al Khuwair, Muscat, N/A N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
Company: Wyndham Hotels Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A